Saturday, March 24, 2012

Quiet Beauty Before the Storm

As I sat down to eat dinner, my grandfather calls me to come with him on an excursion through the fields of the farm. "You need to see this," he says, "and bring your camera!"


As we arrive at the of a hill, I see the reason for this mirthful adventure. It's evening and just before a storm; the clouds are beginning to roll in. The sky is filled with the steel blue of the on coming storm, though a drop has yet to fall. There was an excitement in the air as the darkness of the sky seemed to kindle a brilliance in the trees that made their new spring coast glitter with excitement. It was as if the trees were trying to tell you a secret before the darkness caught up with them.



Yet there was also a calmness in the air the that breathed peace into your very soul as the steel blue contrasted with the beautiful iridescence of spring. The sun kissed the earth as if God reached down to caress His creation just before sending the cleansing rain waters. The scene cried out to me and I felt God's strength and love through my grandfather and in his voice while we sat in his John Deer Gator riding around the farm witnessing God's majestic canvas! It was a surreal moment filled with quiet excitement.



Then drop by drop the rain came to soothe the soul and quench the earth so that it could give birth life and bring forth more beauty of spring. Thank you my Saviour and my God for this day and the  many blessings You have given me!



No comments: