Sunday, May 18, 2008

Baby Carriers

From my conversations with experienced moms, I havw found the two preferred carriers to be the Snugli brand and the Maya Wraps. I bought a Snugli carrier and was given a Maya. While the Snugli seems to be very comfortable to me, my daughter does not seem to like being in it. She loves to Maya wrap though. I have to admit when I saw the large piece of fabric with two on one end I was skeptical on whether or not it was safe and would hold my baby. However, I was assured by more than one mother that it was great. So I gave it a try at home and quickly became a fan. Not only does my daughter love to be carried in it, it is also very comfortable for me. I use almost every time we go out and often around the house when I need two hands. My husband even uses it to carry our daughter from time to time. The web site has video on how to wear it and the different positions you can carry your baby. I have the link in my helpful baby sites section. The great thing about the Maya wrap is I can use until she is three or four (depending on weight), where as the Snugli I would have to keep upgraded as she grows. Though I still think the Snuglis are great, my daughter just isn't interested.

No comments: