Sunday, November 22, 2009

GroBaby in Use

We got our GroBaby package in on the 19th! I put them all in the wash (it is suggested that you wash CD at least once before use) as soon as we opened them. They did not come a moment too soon! We had 4 disposables left, I was about to go out and get a small pack when the UPS guy showed up.
The first couple of times I used them there were a few leaks until I got the right adjustment. Also it will take 3-5 washes for the inserts to become more absorbent and about 10 to reach maximum absorbency. My daughter is 20 months old but is small for her age and I have to use the medium setting. There have been a couple more leaks since the first night but they are getting less and less.
I am washing diapers once a day as opposed to every other day like I had hoped. The package included 10 shells, 24 snap in soakers (inserts), and 14 boosters. I am not going through all 10 shells every day but usually between 4 and 6. However, the diapers are new and have not reached their full absorbency. The shells dry very quickly, can hang dry them and they are dry in no time. The snap-in soakers take awhile though.
I have changed a few diaper while we were out and about, I made sure to take the wet bag. It was surprising easy. The inserts and the boosters are very soft and my daughter seems to like them much better. She was getting diaper rashes fairly regularly, but since we switched the rashes are gone within only a couple of days. So far I am really liking these diapers. I am a little unsure that even at the smallest setting they will fit our newborn son, but we will see.

No comments: